Monday, October 29, 2012

14. Go see the Autumn colors in Maine

I've finished one of my 30 things to do before I'm 30! A few weeks ago I went hiking in Acadia National Park. I have been wanting to go to Maine for years and am so glad I finally got the opportunity.
I drove up to Bangor and stayed the night and then the next morning I drove up to Orono to see where I lived when I was young. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to Maine, other then because it's gorgeous, is because I was born there and haven't been back for over 10 years. It was really fun to see the old house and the area we lived. Being there brought back some memories, I wish I could remember more but what I do remember are good memories. I thought about how different my life would be if I grew up there, Orono is such a small town and Bangor is not very big either. All I really know is that Maine is one of the most beautiful places I've been! I have added one more place to the list of homes I want to own when I'm older.

This is the house we lived in till I was 5. My dad built this house while my mom was pregnant with me.
This is the lake that was a few minutes from our house.

Sandy beach in Acadia National Park.
Jordan Pond in Acadia National Park.

 Jordan Pond from the hike that I did. The hike was Jordan Cliffs. Because it was raining that day this was probably not the safest hike for me to be doing.
Me on the hike.
It was a great trip and if I didn't put this on my list I probably would have just been lazy and not made the 10 hr round tip to go on a hike. I'm so excited about getting more things done!

No comments: