Friday, July 17, 2009

Guatemala

Last week I went to Guatemala! It was so much fun I LOVED it! It was so beautiful and there were so many amazing things to see! We took a bus into Guatemala City and went by the temple which was really cool. We didn't go in but I wish we could have, that would have been a really awesome experience. After that we went to Antigua! Antigua is such a cool city that has a lot of history. It was so cool to see the cathedrals and of course go shopping because they have all the handmade crafts there. The food there was also wonderful! I hadn't had food that good since I left the States! On Sunday night four of us took an overnight bus to Tikal! I am so happy that we did this because it was so amazing to see the ruins and temples that are thousands of years old! It was also really cool to think that this could have been one of the places talked about in the Book of Mormon! Here are some pictures!

Here is all of us at the temple. The order is Cole, Allen, me, Tawnee, Crystal and Taylor:
We are at dinner at the best place ever! The food was sooo good!


This is in the market after a few hours of shopping.

The Cathedral

This is one of the Cathedrals we went in (this one is more like a ruin)

In the monastery right next to the Cathedral





Here are all the temples we saw in Tikal







This is the town we stopped in and to get to and from Tikal, Flores



Guatemala was an amaizing trip and I would love to go back and experience more of the culture and country!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

AWESOME! Those are some beautiful pictures! Sounds like you are just having the time of your life. What a great adventure! You are definitely never going to forget these experiences. You know...I have to admit that I have never ever thought about washing my clothes with out a washer. How blessed and lucky are we?! When you come back we have to go out and you will have to tell me about EVERYTHING! Bummer you and that doc met on the last day...did you stay in contact?! Have fun, I really love reading about what you are doing. You rock! Loves!

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Looks like you had a blast. Do you date younger guys? What about if they're funny?